Slab Leaks Repair and Prevention Services
Some homes in Pomona Valley are built with “slab construction” and rather than having basements, they are built directly on a concrete foundation sitting flat with the ground. Some advantages to this design are obvious – you do not have to clean a damp and neglected basement area but when there is a leak, it becomes more than just a temporary inconvenience.
A slab leak is a plumbing term used for a pinhole leak that develops in a water line running underneath the concrete or stone of your home. These leaks usually appear in a foundation of a building and are usually not detected until serious damage strikes. Slab leaks are tricky and hard to deal with because the problematic pipes usually run under the foundation itself. If these hidden underground pipes crack or break due to some factors, you might experience a major plumbing issue! Slab leaks require sp犀利士
ecial plumbing tools to locate the starting point of the leak. At Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning our plumbers have both tools and expertise to accurately handle the problem.
Some certain signs will help you determine whether you might have a slab leak at your home:
- Puddles of water on the floor and no source for their emergence
- Hot spots
- Mold under carpets
- Water bills that are rising for no apparent reason
- The sound of running water when the tap is turned off
- Movement on your water meter without water use
Causes of Slab Leaks
There are four most wide-spread causes of slab leaks in a residential area, such as incompetent workmanship, chemicals in water and piping materials, unstable foundation, and high water pressure.
- Incompetent workmanship: initial bad workmanship plus bad plumbing materials and broken piping setup increase possibilities that your water supply system would be very ineffective and prone to fast wear and tear.
- Chemicals in water and piping materials: copper pipes can react with the chemicals contained in water causing pinhole leaks (or slab leaks in the foundation).
- Unstable foundation: poorly installed and maintained plumbing system can shift after some time and break pipes.
- High water pressure: corrosion is common with the older pipes; consequently they become smaller in diameter, rising water pressure inside of the pipes. High water pressure can result in bursting of the pipe.
Slab Leak Solutions
Number one step to dealing with any slab leak is to discover the root of the problem. For this purpose our experienced plumbers use only top-notch technology. Electromagnetic pipeline locators, video inspection cameras, and amplification equipment are some of the top-notch tools we use to identify slab leak location. Do not ever attempt to tear your floor apart in order to find the slab leak. Trust the professionals from Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning to troubleshoot the issue.
Once the leak has been located, next step would be to repair it. Our technicians offer a variety of slab leak repair options that include spot repair, repiping/rerouting, and epoxy coating. If you have a reason to believe that one of the pipes under your home foundation has a leak, don’t wait – call Pomona Valley Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning and have it fixed ASAP!